LAST week of SECOND GRADE!
This year has absolutely FLOWN by! It’s such a bittersweet time. I know everyone is excited for summer, but after the dust settles and I come to work on Friday I know that I will be saddened at how quiet my room is and that I don’t get to see those sweet smiles every day. They have blown me away at the progress they’ve made, all the hard work they put in and what wonderful little people they have grown into this year. You should be so proud of your kiddos; I have seen an AMAZING amount of academic growth. This was a special year for me, having my first child and I am so thankful that you and your families were a part of it! Thank you for everything that you have done for me this year and sharing your children with me, I truly think of them as my own.
There are just a few announcements for this week…
- Students are having a read-in/game day tomorrow, Wednesday. They can bring small pillows, blankets, stuffed animals and games. Please have them bring games that they have previously played and can explain the rules to others.
- Please continue to empty your child's backpack NIGHTLY. They are heavy as we continue to send home workbooks and school supplies.
- End-of Year Parties will be from 11:30-12:30 on Thursday, June 1st, parents are welcome to come! Parent volunteers may begin setting up at 11:10 in the room. Students may be dismissed with a parent without penalty. General dismissal will be at 12:50.
- Please pick up all medication from the nurse by June 1, 2017. All medication not picked up by the last day of school will be destroyed.
- Lost and found items, located on the table outside the library, will be donated June 1st. Please check for any lost items that may belong to you.