Guidance & Counseling
What a wonderful year it will be at Creekside Forest! We have so much to look forward to this year. I feel very fortunate to be a part of your CFES school family.
A bit about me...I attended Indiana University of Pennsylvania, where it's chilly and windy in the winter yet full of sunshine in the summer. I studied Foreign Language International Studies for Elementary Students, which was comprised of Elementary Education and Spanish. http://www.iup.edu/ After relocating to Texas and teaching 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade, I attended Sam Houston State University and received a Master of Education in Counseling. SHSU provided a plethora of opportunities to counsel, I feel quite fortunate. http://www.shsu.edu/. Please subscribe to my Edlio. I will regularly post newsletters and current events!
Please feel free to contact me if you need assistance. I am here as your advocate.
281-357-4526 extension 3813
The program at Creekside Forest Elementary is planned, comprehensive, preventive, and developmental.
Career Development is essential for students to plan and prepare for the world of work as productive citizens with a successful career. Career development goals guide students through career awareness, exploration, and readiness.
Personal/Social Development encourages interpersonal skills, coping skills, and respect for themselves as well as others. Personal/social development goals ensure that students contribute to society.
To support the efforts of staff members, parents, & the community through the planning and coordination of counseling services for students.
Did you know there are many things to do in the counselor’s office?
- I can talk about things that are important to me.
- I can play games that help me to learn about myself and others.
- I can be in a discussion group.
- I can just sit and think.
- I can read books about different concerns.
- Self expression?
- Conflict resolution?
- Learning concerns?
- Friendship concerns?
- Direct Character Education in the Classroom
- Small Group Counseling
- Solution Focused Crisis Intervention
- G.I.R.L.S. Club-5th Grade
- Mentor Program
- Community Service: Angel Tree
- Watch D.O.G.S.
- PST (Problem Solving Team)
- SIT (Student Intervention Team)
- Star Citizen Ceremonies
- Red Ribbon Week + Drug and Bully Prevention
- College & Career Week
- Perfect Attendance Ceremony
- Parent Workshop: Internet Safety
- Spring Semester: State Testing